Photo: Max Coates leads the real-world drivers as inaugural eSeries heads to Knockhill
· Max Coates leads the MINI CHALLENGE UK Official eSeries Real-World Driver standings
· Next race at Knockhill on the 4th July
As the inaugural MINI CHALLENGE UK Official eSeries enters its penultimate event of the season, Max Coates heads the standings for the real-world racers.
In his Primex Plastics and PLASgran Recycling car Coates has had an up and down debut season in eSports. Highlights came at the season opener at Donington Park where the JiC Transport sponsored driver took a podium. He claimed a second place at Snetterton, his best result yet, and has backed that up with multiple top 6 finishes.
The series has two classes, one for the ‘simulator racers’ who are masters of the art of online PC based ‘motor eSports’. Coates, who will be racing in the real-world MINI CHALLENGE this year, is topping the class for drivers who compete in motorsport in real cars on real circuits.
Coates took another 4th place at his home ‘e-event’ of Croft to stretch his lead in the standings and now the driver backed by NGK Spark Plugs to hang on for two more events to take one of two top prizes.
The next round of the championship comes from the virtual version of the Knockhill Circuit in Scotland and the races can be watched via the MINI CHALLENGE UK social media channels and the links below.
Coates said, “I’ve really enjoyed racing in the series, it’s helped to keep me race sharp and focussed ahead of real racing starting again in August. What’s more, with the live stream coverage, I’ve been able to continue to support my sponsors during what has been a tough time for everyone. The standard of driving in the eSeries has been so high, the fact everyone can practice day and night means that drivers have perfected every corner and the top sim guys are so hard to beat.”
MINI CHALLENGE UK Live Stream Links for Round 7 – Knockhill:
1. Donington Park National – Saturday 23rd May
2. Brands Hatch Indy – Saturday 30th May
3. Silverstone National – Saturday 6th June
4. Silverstone International – Saturday 13th June
5. Snetterton 300 – Saturday 20th June
6. Croft – Saturday 27th June
7. Knockhill – Saturday 4th July
8. Brands Hatch GP – Saturday 11th July
· Live streams start approximately 11:45
· Qualifying 1: 12:00
· Race 1: 12:30
· Race 2: 13:00 (Reverse grid top ten)
· Qualifying 2: 13:45
· Race 3: 14:15
· Race 4: 14:45 (Reverse grid top ten)